600g of soaked codfish
5 medium potatoes
2 medium onions
6 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
5 dl of milk
4 dl of cream
2 tablespoons of flour
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 pinch of nutmeg
salt and pepper
1. Cook the cod in water, drain it, let it cool, and rejecting skins and bones.
2. Pour the butter and flour in a pan, stir well, add the milk, little by little and stirring constantly until smooth, and let it cook until it thickens.
3. In a bowl, mix the egg yolk, mustard and lemon juice, add to the pan, mix well, season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, then add the cream and cook for another 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Peel the potatoes cut them into cubes and fry them in a frying pan for 10 minutes.
5. Add the onions cut in half moons, cook until the potatoes are tender and season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour the potato mixture in a pyrex dish, spread the chipped cod on top, drizzle with the sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake at 180º C for about 20 minutes.